Re: 2.15.18 regtests

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: 2.15.18 regtests
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:54:31 +0100

On Nov 14, 2011, at 4:45 PM, Phil Holmes wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
>
>> Thanks Phil!
>> The beams seem OK to me - could you let me know which ones seem like they
>> are worse off?  I know that part of the code base well and can likely size
>> it up relatively quickly.
>
> The ones in the penultimate bar of stem-tremolo.ly and the 2nd beamed pair in
> beam-quanting-32nd, as well as the last pair in the 2nd measure.  They all
> look a bit stumpy to my eyes.

Hey Phil,

The change in stem-tremolo.ly seems to bring that beam in line with all other
beams that have tremolos, leaving less space between the tremolo and beam
(which seems to be standard in traditionally typeset scores).
As for the beam quanting, I actually think the stumpiness is desirable - the
longer beams make the difference between the notes look larger than it actually
is.  I think the new beams look more in keeping with those around them.

Cheers,
MS