Re: Allows for automatic renumbering of measure numbers at volta repeats

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Allows for automatic renumbering of measure numbers at volta repeats. (issue 5440049)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 05:29:04 +0000

Now it looks quite good, and still works great.
C'est si bon.
Is maith é sin.
Smashing, old chap.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5440049/diff/11010/lily/bar-number-engraver.cc
File lily/bar-number-engraver.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5440049/diff/11010/lily/bar-number-engraver.cc#newcode68
lily/bar-number-engraver.cc:68: if we're starting an alternative, we set
the starting
if we're starting the first alternative,

http://codereview.appspot.com/5440049/diff/11010/lily/bar-number-engraver.cc#newcode128
lily/bar-number-engraver.cc:128: for (int i = 0; i < alternative_number_
/ 26; i++)
I don't think you want to loop.  It gives
 a b c ... z aa ab .. az ba bb .. bz cca ccb ... fffffa fffffb

http://codereview.appspot.com/5440049/diff/11010/lily/bar-number-engraver.cc#newcode129
lily/bar-number-engraver.cc:129: text_tag += alphabet.at
(alternative_number_ / 26);
best to do a modulo 26, so that a sticky key typo does not cause a
segfault.
\repeat volta 888

http://codereview.appspot.com/5440049/diff/11010/scm/define-music-callbacks.scm
File scm/define-music-callbacks.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5440049/diff/11010/scm/define-music-callbacks.scm#newcode45
scm/define-music-callbacks.scm:45: (append
;; set properties for proper bar numbering

http://codereview.appspot.com/5440049/diff/11010/scm/define-music-callbacks.scm#newcode50
scm/define-music-callbacks.scm:50: 'alternative-increment
Alternatively, you could ask Volta_repeat_iterator::next_element() to
set this for you when it sets the text for the little number under the
volta bracket.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5440049/