Re: critical issues

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: critical issues
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 12:34:01 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>

No.  I have an Ubuntu VM which I use for quick experiments and a very
fast Ubuntu PC which I use for full builds.  But I support lilypond
because I _use_ it for typesetting music on a _Windows_ machine. Take
away that ability to use it, and the desire to support goes away.

Yup, and our current effective strategy of not doing stable releases
takes away that ability from anyone.  Not just Windows users.

Personally, I'm quite happy using a development version for my music typesetting. If the most recent one causes a problem, I revert to the previous version.

Phil Holmes