Re: Don't wrap EventChord around rhythmic events by default. (issue 5440

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Don't wrap EventChord around rhythmic events by default. (issue 5440084)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:32:52 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Hi David,
>
> Should I wait for a new patch or can I test using the latest one here?
>
> I've tried it out briefly on a real music example, and have a problem
> with identifiers:
>
> foo = \mark \default
>
> \relative c' {
>  \foo
>   c1
> }

You have the newest.  The problem is the definition of ly:event? (for
recognizing postevents).  It is currently (in lily/music-scheme.cc)
defined as the equivalent of
(define (ly:event? m)
        (and (ly:music? m)
             (ly:is-music-of-type? m 'event)
             (not (ly:is-music-of-type? m 'rhythmic-event))))

That seemed to be more or less right.  Apparently you found a "less
right" case.

Suggestions?