Re: Patchy up and running now

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Patchy up and running now
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 09:20:22 +0100

James <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't really understand why I still had the same issues as I had
> before - git would complain about shallow repositories (I did look it
> up but it didn't shed any light)

I answered your respective last time on the list with a recipe of how to
unshallow a clone.

> so I simply rm -rf'ed my lilypond-git and cloned down another one and
> it all worked fine.

That's something I would avoid doing: you not just lose all local
branches, but also your reflog in that manner.  Any work that you did in
the repository locally is lost then.  The reflog is handy for reviving
things which you removed because of an error or erroneous assumptions.

In any case, the deed is done now.

> Anyway, I'm back at home this evening and will have a few more test
> runs (with cron just to make sure I can leave it unattended) and then
> by Monday I should be running 'lilypond-patchy-staging.py' as often as
> people want me to. Any specific schedule?

Don't schedule it to run at the same times as Phil since then we are
more likely to get complaints from the jobs (and it is not necessary).
I'll probably try making the push procedure aware of this particular
situation of partial overlap at some point of time, just to make the
automated procedure complain less if many people are being helpful.  But
it is not like anything can go wrong in that manner.