Re: Patchy up and running now

From: James
Subject: Re: Patchy up and running now
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 10:22:38 +0000

Hello,

On 5 March 2012 09:41, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> James <address@hidden> writes:

>> I cant seem to get cron jobs to run on my LilyDev - I've done all the
>> cron.allow etc. I was wondering (if anyone knows immediately) if
>> stating the command in cron requires anything special if using two
>> concatenated commands.
>>
>> I.e. I run cd /home/james/lilypond-git && python
>> /home/james/patchy/lilypond-patchy-staging.py which works at the CLI
>> but not when I enter that literally in cron. I tried surrounding it in
>> " ' " but that didn't seem to make any difference.
>
> What is your complete cron line?  You are aware that the PATH variable
> is set to a quite basic path?

It was

15 * * * * cd /home/james/lilypond-git && python
/home/james/patchy/lilypond-patchy-staging.py

I intended to leave it for a few hours to see if I got the expected behaviour

In the end I hope to use

0 */6 * * * cd /home/james/lilypond-git && python
/home/james/patchy/lilypond-patchy-staging.py

James