Re: Please stop pushing to the translation branch until further notice

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Please stop pushing to the translation branch until further notice
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 06:14:46 +0100 (CET)

> Once you have checked that the recent fixes have not caused any of
> your work to get lost and the criss-cross merge has been done, you
> can continue committing to the translation branch.
>
> I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for fixing this.  Do you recommend a modification of the
current workflow to avoid this problem in the future?  It probably
doesn't affect me since I don't do branch merges, but just to be
sure...

Usually I follow your advice sent some time ago to the list:

  git fetch (to be sure you have the current version of staging)
  git checkout origin/staging
  ... commit your simple change ...
  git push origin HEAD:staging

     Werner