Re: Please stop pushing to the translation branch until further notice

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Please stop pushing to the translation branch until further notice
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 11:03:48 +0100

2012/3/8 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> The situation should now be under control again.  The translation branch
> has been merged with a helper branch that should bring in all the
> changes from commits that the merge history suggests to be present.

Thank you, David. I apologize. I feel bad for your (and other's) loss
of valuable time.
Yes, I tried to be clever, autonomous, do not cause troubles to
others, etc. I was not clever enough in the first place, judging from
the results. I obviously did not check all that needed to be checked.
The checklist size is ever growing.

To avoid this in the future, I will not do push or merge when
something looks suspicious. That's what I have done in the past few
months, when -- besides well-known pack/dist problems -- all has gone
more or less smoothly, but this time I failed rather catastrophically.

This could easily be the worst disaster since Erik Sandberg lost his
laptop. Thankfully we had backups, Erik had not.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com