Re: FW: [LilyPond] Your organization application has been rejected.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: FW: [LilyPond] Your organization application has been rejected.
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:37:47 +0000

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 05:53:57PM +0000, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> On 3/16/12 11:44 AM, "address@hidden"
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> >Unfortunately, we were unable to accept your organization's application
> >at this time.
>
> If we are serious about doing this next year, I think we need to develop a
> stronger website around GSOC.  As I read the requirements, it appears to
> me that to be competitive we need to have a more fully-developed
> infrastructure.
>
> If we really want to do this, we should probably start talking about next
> year now.

It might be good to wait a week to see what projects were
accepted, then compare our current GSoC website to theirs.  What
do they have that we lack?  There are obviously things like
"previous GSoC history", "publicity in general", "usefulness and
appeal to a wide range of users", but what differences are there
on the project websites themselves?

That said, I think that improving our development infrastructure
in general is always a good thing, and there are many ways this
can be improved if/when people want to work on it.