Re: Is gcc able to handle anonymous functions?

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Is gcc able to handle anonymous functions?
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 19:13:21 +0200

Am 06.07.2012 18:06, schrieb Joe Neeman:
[...]

The semi-trivial C++ function is _not_ useful for the scheme code. It is used in two parts of the C++ code. However, because it belonged to the same file as various other functions that were being ported, Marc was planning to port this semi-trivial function to scheme also, and then call the new scheme function from C++ code.

In the amount of time we've spent discussing this, we could have rewritten the function in scheme, haskell, perl, and brainf*ck by now. I really think that the best thing is just to leave the function where it is and stop worrying.
Thinking a bit more about the problem, what about rewriting the whole
Pointer_group_interface::find_grob in scheme?
It is used with bar lines only, so the newly generated scm/bar-line.scm
is a good place for it, and I can replace the c++ call in
lily/note-spacing.cc and paper-colum.cc with a scheme call.

IIUC, David's proposal for a scheme interface to Pointer_group_interface::find_grob
means a scheme call (bar-line:non-empty-barline)
within a c++-function (Pointer_group_interface::find_grob)
that has a scheme interface (ly:pointer-group-interface::find-grob)
which is called in two c++ files.

I think I'll give the first proposal a try...

Regards,

Marc

Cheers,
Joe