Re: Is gcc able to handle anonymous functions?

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Is gcc able to handle anonymous functions?
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 19:27:04 +0200

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Marc Hohl <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 06.07.2012 18:06, schrieb Joe Neeman:
[...]

The semi-trivial C++ function is _not_ useful for the scheme code. It is used in two parts of the C++ code. However, because it belonged to the same file as various other functions that were being ported, Marc was planning to port this semi-trivial function to scheme also, and then call the new scheme function from C++ code.

In the amount of time we've spent discussing this, we could have rewritten the function in scheme, haskell, perl, and brainf*ck by now. I really think that the best thing is just to leave the function where it is and stop worrying.
Thinking a bit more about the problem, what about rewriting the whole
Pointer_group_interface::find_grob in scheme?

Why? It's never called from scheme code.

Anyway, I've made my opinion known, so I'm going to bow out of this conversation now.

Cheers,
Joe