Re: Problem with uploading patch

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Problem with uploading patch
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 23:38:20 +0200

2012/7/13 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
> by the way,
>
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Thomas Morley
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> So I started from scratch:
>> - Amend previous commit
>> - Abort changes - Reset to origin
>> - LilyDev reboot
>> - made changes in files/added a new regtest
>> - New local commit
>> - Make patch set
>
> ouch.  Too bad that (as far as i know) this couldn't have changed
> anything.  Rietveld issue number is written in a file hidden in git
> subdirectory, which isn't affected by any of above commands :/
> (for example, 'Abort changes - Reset to origin' "resets" Lily source
> code visible in your lilypond-git directory, but it virtually doesn't
> affect internal git information storage.
>
> hope this helps,
> Janek

Hi Janek,

UFF!!

Thanks a lot.
Your hint about the wrong server was it. I overlooked it in the log
and I've absolutely no idea how it could happen that the server was
changed.
Well, I'm again absolutely sure that it was me who made that, but not how.
BTW,
git config -e
opened an editor where I could change that.

> PS it would be cool to do some git workshops one day.  Are you coming
> to David's place in August?

Hm, I havn't talked to David about it.
My problem is, that my vacations are terminated then, I've to work the
whole weeks before and after that weekend. I could arrive Saturday
noon at the earliest and had to take off Sunday evening. Does this
make sense? OTOH, it would be very nice to meet all of you
face-to-face and not only via mail on the list.

-Harm