Re: Volta enhancements tranche 1 (issue 6398055)

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: Volta enhancements tranche 1 (issue 6398055)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 18:48:21 +0100

On 18/07/12 14:54, Phil Holmes wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Hulin" <address@hidden>
> To: <address@hidden> Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:50
> PM Subject: Re: Volta enhancements tranche 1 (issue 6398055)
>

>> Hi Arnold, On 18/07/12 09:16, ArnoldTheresius wrote:

>>> Just some quotes from notation.pdf ("old" version 2.15.37):
>>> "An \autoBeamOff call in the first arbument of partcombine ..."
>>> "... brace of the next in an \alternative block, otherwise ..."
>>> "... occurring in an \adQuote command ..." "... custos with an
>>> \override if desired, ..." "When an \augmentum dot appears ..."
>>> "... by naming them on an \include statement." "... will insert
>>> an \allowPageTurn at the final bar line ..."
>>>
>>> Common practice seems to vote for 'silent' backslash, just as
>>> David said.
>>>
>> Oh joy, another slice of inconsistency, I've got used to reading
>> the commands the other way mentally as the docs go to great
>> lengths to index then all under '\'. Nice catch for arbument,
>> David, Cheers, Ian
>
> Not exactly:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=855

Oh greater joy, issue 855 seems to have fizzled out as wibble, worse
it seems to be a continuation from issue 788.

Looks like a case for a GOP topic - do we already have one on the
queue, Graham?

If not, here's one to kick things off:

Proposal

The current set of indices in the NR of the format \<command> should
be replaced with a single entry stating "for LilyPond commands, please
see the entry below under the entry for the command without the '\'
character, e.g. for '\score' see the index entry 'score'."

Each command will then appear under an entry without the \ in the main
command index.

Related Issues/Proposals

Discussion on current structure of indices LilyPond Command Index vs
LilyPond Index - restructure to LilyPond Commands - LilyPond Variables
- - LilyPond Concepts?

Implementation

<tbs> by a grown-up who understands how the docs are compiled.

Cheers,

Ian