Re: push patch for issue 2679

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: push patch for issue 2679
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:57:44 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> BTW - apologies for top-posting and that, but my Windows email system
> takes your mails as HTML and does this with them.

His mails contain HTML and plain text as alternatives, and Gnus (which I
use as my mail reader) lets me choose.  In general, anything with code
in it is better handled using ASCII, since my HTML formatter rather
lavishly applies line breaks and unbreakable spaces and similar things.

If the mail reader has an option sending text-only mails (no HTML), that
will usually be the preferred form on mailing lists.