Re: Set indent based on instrument name (issue 6457049)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Set indent based on instrument name (issue 6457049)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 21:46:18 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2012 9:16 PM

On 2012/07/29 18:20:16, PhilEHolmes wrote:
My first attempt at coding in LilyPond.  Treat me gently...

I think we should be able to do better than just counting characters in
a string.  It should be possible calculating physical string width,
shouldn't it?

http://codereview.appspot.com/6457049/

Absolutely. Count this as phase 1. FWIW, this very simple approach works surprisingly well.

How would I calculate the string size?

--
Phil Holmes