Re: Set indent based on instrument name (issue 6457049)

From: graham
Subject: Re: Set indent based on instrument name (issue 6457049)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:54:37 +0000

Little nitpicks based on my C++ experience in other projects, with no
knowledge whatsoever of lilypond internals.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6457049/diff/4001/lily/instrument-name-engraver.cc
File lily/instrument-name-engraver.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6457049/diff/4001/lily/instrument-name-engraver.cc#newcode111
lily/instrument-name-engraver.cc:111:
Instrument_name_engraver::Get_text_len_from_name (SCM scheme_text)
convention is to use lower-case names for class functions (or methods if
you prefer)

http://codereview.appspot.com/6457049/diff/4001/lily/output-def.cc
File lily/output-def.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6457049/diff/4001/lily/output-def.cc#newcode38
lily/output-def.cc:38: Real long_name_len = 0.0;
could these be class member variables instead of global variables?

... hmm, more generally, I'm not sold on the whole set_inst_name_len
approach.  Is there any way you could just pass an additional argument
to line_dimenstions_int , and determine the data you need from that
function?

http://codereview.appspot.com/6457049/