Re: PATCHES: Brain surgery on the build system, first stage [new version

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: PATCHES: Brain surgery on the build system, first stage [new version]
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 19:45:30 +0200

Il giorno sab, 04/08/2012 alle 00.39 +0200, John Mandereau ha scritto:
> Hi guys,
>
> I tried to submit commits in dev/jmandereau not in master to Rietveld
> (git cl upload origin/master), but git-cl said just after I edited the
> issue description
>
> No output from ['git', 'show', 'aclocal.m4']

I tried again with added changes, among which changes suggested by
Han-Wen.  As suggested in the CG, I added

mimetypes.add_type("text/x-script.shell", ".m4")

in git-cl, but it didn't help, I got the same error message.  I kept
that change in git-cl and created a dummy branch with the 4 commits to
be reviewed squashed in one, then "git-cl upload" worked:

http://codereview.appspot.com/6446096

That said, I still think it might be good to view the diff on gitweb or
locally with -M, as side-by-side views on Rietveld are a bit strange:
when files are moved with some changes, Rietveld shows them but without
showing the original path, and files moved without modification show the
diff in both panes.

John

PS: finally, I'm online 24 hours more than planned, because of a false
alert of water flow in my flat, reported through a phone call while I
was exactly about to leave my flat :-P