Re: PATCHES: Brain surgery on the build system, first stage

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: PATCHES: Brain surgery on the build system, first stage
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 11:20:05 +0200

Le samedi 04 août 2012 à 16:44 +0100, Phil Holmes a écrit :
> The step after I checkout your branch failed with this as the last few
> lines:
>
> touch ./out/share/lilypond/current/lilypond-force
> make --no-builtin-rules out=www clean
> make[1]: Entering directory `/media/IntelSSD/lilypond/lilypond-git'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/IntelSSD/lilypond/lilypond-git'
> make: *** [doc-clean] Error 2

I guess this doc-clean is run as part of vc-clean, isn't it?  Anyway as
Han-Wen and David have suggested, my next version of changes will have
no vc-clean, but an addition to CG about suggesting "git clean -f -X".

> FWIW it also failed on the lines
>
> $LILYPOND_GIT/configure
>
> for reasons I don't understand, but must be something to do with bash.
> Replacing the variable with the actual path worked.

Duh, this is one of the little pieces of the script I wrote without own
testing (I came up with parts of the script I sent on my own computer
after many testing iterations, but not many enough to test the full
script). I guess braces are necessary:

${LILYPOND_GIT}/configure

Best,
John