Re: Second set of volta changes (Issue 2673) (issue 6422061)

From: ArnoldTheresius
Subject: Re: Second set of volta changes (Issue 2673) (issue 6422061)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 01:01:03 -0700 (PDT)

k-ohara5a5a wrote:

> I don't see any more problems.
>
> I understand the reason to create a configurable list of bar-types where
> the volta bracket hooks.
>
> I do not see any reason to move the decision on whether to draw the hook
> from stencil-maker to engraver.  The engraver does not yet know where
> the line-breaks will be, and the hook looks odd at the end of a line.
>

> http://codereview.appspot.com/6422061/diff/8001/ly/engraver-init.ly
> File ly/engraver-init.ly (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/6422061/diff/8001/ly/engraver-init.ly#newcode622
> ly/engraver-init.ly:622: ":|" "|:" "||:" "|." ":|:" ":|.|:" ":|.:" ".|"
> trim trailing whitespace before pushing if you remember
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/6422061/

Well, the hook's horizontal postition (especially at line ends) looks
odd to me, too.
(And that's another task I want to adjust).

To have volta bracket end hooks at the end of line I'm used with the
sheet music prints I have at home. I allready wondered (in the stable
releases 2.10 .. 2.14) why the end hook of the second volta is drawn
when it continues with a repeat start in the same line, but is/was
not drawn if a line break did occur at this point.

ArnoldTheresius