Putting patches regtest comparison online [was Re: Issue 2673 in lilypon

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Putting patches regtest comparison online [was Re: Issue 2673 in lilypond: Volta improvements]
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 10:03:31 +0200

Le dimanche 05 août 2012 à 13:57 +0000, address@hidden a
écrit :
> Comment #20 on issue 2673 by address@hidden: Volta improvements
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2673
[snip]
> (BTW, with the Paris server, it would be easy to put the regtest comparison
> for each patchset up on the internet.  All reviews would then contain a
> link to the regtest comparison, automatically, so that anybody could see
> exactly what the changes were.  ETA: 2 hours of python hacking in Patchy,
> maybe 1 hour of messing around on the server depend on how it's set up.  I
> think this could be extremely useful.  Think about it.  :)

Good idea.  The MSH ParisNord server is already quite busy, so this
would need either a scheduler managing priorities between staging and
translation build and patches test, or setting the crontab in a way that
- patches tests would be run once a day, or twice if a 4 hours slot gets
free because translation or staging haven't changed;
- staging would still be built every 8 hours if necessary, unless daily
patches test take more than 4 hours -- I estimate that each patch test
would take half an hour in addition of the half an hour of baseline
build, so there should be 7 patches or more in the queue for this to
happen;
- translation would be built at least once a day;
- and hack Patchy so that jobs failing because of a Patchy already
running would not send an email.

I'll give a try to it this week-end.

Best,
John