Re: GOP2-4 - C++ and scheme indentation

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: GOP2-4 - C++ and scheme indentation
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 12:21:06 +0200

Graham Percival writes:

> ** Motivation
>
> New contributors sometimes struggle to follow our indentation and
> code style

Yes, that's bad.  Do we explain that we're a GNU project and as
such use GNU coding style?  Together with a pointer to the info
node *(standards)Formatting, that could help.

> – this is especially difficult when parts of our
> existing source code doesn’t have a consistent style.

Yes, and even more so if we don't explain what the style is?

What could help, though, is to just accept small patches that have
formatting problems, run C-x h C-M-\ , tell them thank you and show
them the reformatted diff from C-x v = ?

This is where Rietveld, git-cl, policy and possibly the benevolent
dictator comes in?

Greetings,
Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl