Re: Use directory-local variables to establish some coding styles in Ema

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Use directory-local variables to establish some coding styles in Emacs (issue 6460109)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 22:06:13 +0200

Il giorno dom, 19/08/2012 alle 16.02 +0000, address@hidden ha
scritto:
> Could you add a script (either shell or python) which applies this
> formatting to all scheme files in the repository?  I'd like to see how
> that changes the scheme files.

You can try running (after having applied David's patch)

emacs -batch scm/*.scm --eval '(progn (delete-trailing-whitespace)
(indent-region (point-min) (point-max) nil) (save-buffer))'

On my system this has only changed x11-color.scm.

Note that this doesn't remove tabs (although I installed David's patch
that adds .dir-locals.el), as you can notice with

git add scm
emacs -batch *.scm --eval '(progn (delete-trailing-whitespace) (indent-region
(point-min) (point-max) nil) (untabify (point-min) (point-max)) (save-buffer))'
git diff

which further changes x11-color.scm.

I attached the result of

git diff HEAD scm

If you're fine with the above emacs call (the one with untabify of course)
going in
scripts/auxiliar/fixscm.sh, I'll submit a new patch to take over this
issue.

Best,
John