Re: Check for Fontforge with enable-double (1637) (issue 6484062)

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Check for Fontforge with enable-double (1637) (issue 6484062)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:52:52 +0200

2012/8/27  <address@hidden>:
> On 2012/08/27 09:04:46, dak wrote:
>> You are confusing grep -E with grep -e.  -e just says that the next
>> word is the regular expression to look for rather than an option, and it is
>> required since the regular expression starts with dash itself.
>

> Actually, one should just use grep.  I just was not able to remember
> whether plain grep needs ? or \? in its patterns and was too lazy to
> look it up.

After having run the test in issue 1683 and reread the report and
comments of this issue (1637), there is no evidence that we need to
check whether Fontforge was built with --enable-double or -longdouble,
so let's only bump fontforge version requirement (posted as another
Rietveld issue, before having noticed that a patch doing this had
already been posted by Graham), so this work on grep invocation
hopefully will be useful in another context.