Re: successful GUB build on my LilyDev (2.6)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: successful GUB build on my LilyDev (2.6)
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:33:27 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "James" <address@hidden>
To: "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
Cc: "LilyPond Developmet Team" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:24 PM

Hello,

On 28 August 2012 12:23, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
That took a lot of time, but finally (after 4 days of trying) my
machine managed to build LilyPond using GUB.
I'll try more operating systems (like, ubuntu 12.04) when i get back
home and setup everything (i'll be buying a new computer, so that may
take some time).

I have been trying to see about cutting a new LilyDev (2.7) on 12.04 -
the limitation being whatever remastersys backup is supported on -
when I last looked it was not on 12:10. If you can get GUB to work on
12.04 then it would be useful as I am not sure what GUB hackers like
Phil and Graham use (maybe 10.04?).

James

Yep. 10.04 32 bit - I couldn't get it running on 64 bit, so I'm using a VM with a 32 bit OS - in fact, it's a lilydev machine.

--
Phil Holmes