Re: 2.17.1 regtests

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: 2.17.1 regtests
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 09:05:52 +0200

On 30 août 2012, at 02:21, Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:

> Phil Holmes <email <at> philholmes.net> writes:
>
>> Anyway, I found a number that concern me.  See them at
>> http://www.philholmes.net/lilypond/regtestresults/2.17.1/.
>
> I think all the concerns are covered by your tracker items, or otherwise
> covered, or not concerns.
>
> completion-heads-polyphony-2.png -- Mike's skylines made a minor change
> to issue 1537
>
> repeat-sign-global-size-10.png  -- as the author intended
>
> stencil-color-rotation.png  -- In the past, rotation worked after LilyPond
> had placed everything, so users had to do our own collision avoidance.
> We could tweak the hand-tuned rotation-point the test to accommodate
> Mikes tighter spacing, if the collision is distracting.
>
> mensural-ligatures.png         -- Mike's skylines patch changed spacing with
> textLengthOn, but maybe for the better in most cases.  The overrides in
> this test  complicate the situation.  The change is that, in
> \relative f { \textLengthOn \repeat unfold 4  {f'-"MEM" f-"EME" }}
> the words used to be in one line with the letters run up tight;
> now they stagger.
>
> markup-note-dot.png  -- same as above, with markup instead of just text

I was gonna respond but Keith said everything I would have said.
The other way to deal w/ rotation is to build it into the stencil - the rotate
command is applied right before going to the backend, but if ly:stencil-rotate
is part of the stencil definition, the skyline patch will pick it up.

Cheers,
MS