Re: [GLISS] basics

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: [GLISS] basics
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 18:00:50 +0200

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2012/9/24 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
>> I also think that it will take more than a week to collect all user feedback.
>
> What about making a short survey in English which we'll translate for
> our lists? That would give coherency to the responses.

Good idea.  For starters:

1) what do you find confusing in LilyPond syntax?  For example, are
you sometimes uncertain in what order should you write code elements,
or what capitalization to use?
2) is there anything particularly unreadable or cryptic in LilyPond
syntax?  Names or symbols that don't fit the objects they represent?
3) what do you find inconvenient in LilyPond syntax?  For example,
something that feels easy to describe, but needs a lot of coding to
get done?
4) what do you find difficult to express in LilyPond syntax?  For
example, things that need to be done by moving something manually
instead of describing the logic behind it.

Oh, and some "preamble" about our motivation.

cheers,
Janek