Re: Add dead-is-alive boolean property to Hara_kiri_group_spanner (issue

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add dead-is-alive boolean property to Hara_kiri_group_spanner (issue 6948058)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:32:42 +0000

On 2012/12/15 18:22:46, Keith wrote:

[...]

A re-arrangement in logic could give a useful option
"If a Staff with the 'alive_together_alternative' flag set has
anything
interesting to say on this line, but /none/ of his (un-flagged)
friends in his
keep-alive-together group do, then print him."

Keith, this is all pretty much over my head.  The "dead-is-alive"-thing
had the advantage that even though I did not understand what I am
working with, it was easy to make it behave as advertised.

What you are saying now is that it is not really useful.  Bummer.  Of
course, if that is the case, we don't want the added complexity, even
though it is not overly complex.

Can you try coming up with some flag or flag combination that would be
more useful without being considerably more complex?  You have a better
feeling for the mechanisms and the original problem, I guess.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6948058/