Re: Add dead-is-alive boolean property to Hara_kiri_group_spanner (issue

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Add dead-is-alive boolean property to Hara_kiri_group_spanner (issue 6948058)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 04:15:42 +0000

On 2012/12/15 21:32:41, dak wrote:
The "dead-is-alive"-thing had the
advantage that even though I did not understand what I am
working with, it was easy to make it behave as advertised.

"This reverses the decisions that the Hara_kiri_engraver makes."

This engraver removes empty staves, so reversing its decisions results
in printing staves only when empty.

What you are saying now is that it is not really useful.

Maybe some perverse re-definition of 'empty' in user input could
profitably use the dead-is-alive behavior, but I could not find a way to
do so.

Can you try coming up with some flag or flag combination that
would be more useful without being considerably more complex?

I was thinking of something like
  https://codereview.appspot.com/6945064/
but I do not think it the added property.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6948058/