Re: Add dead-is-alive boolean property to Hara_kiri_group_spanner (issue

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add dead-is-alive boolean property to Hara_kiri_group_spanner (issue 6948058)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 08:22:51 +0000

On 2012/12/17 06:13:22, Keith wrote:
On 2012/12/16 08:09:38, dak wrote:

That works fine.  The input below will show a single staff, except for
the one
line containing the voice-crossing section, regardless of where the
line-breaks
fall. (We can do this with current LilyPond using two Staff contexts;
the new
feature enables the measure that could be printed either as chords or
divided
staves, depending on linebreaks.)

The problems with 'dead-is-alive' are the difficulty of keeping track
of the
reversed logic, and loss of the usual action of removeEmptyStaves when
all
affected staves are truly empty.

Ok, so we should likely not be abusing the keepAliveInterfaces as
keepDeadInterfaces as it may be separately needed.  Instead we likely
want something like a killContexts list which names a number of contexts
to kill if this context is not suicided (or already killed) itself.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6948058/