Re: For those who need new features and bug fixes...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: For those who need new features and bug fixes...
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 11:33:29 +0100

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

I'd recommend against it.  The main problem is that moments are
interchangeably used as time spans and time moments and the arithmetic
properties with regard to grace timing are a foul compromise of those
semantics.

Doing this properly would, in my opinion, replace all uses of moments as
time spans with straightforward rationals.  I've started on this thing
several times with the idea of getting it under control by working on
the features of moment arithmetic alone, but it is a losing battle due
to this kind of inconsistency.  Any solution concocted in 12 hours will
be of the kind opening man-months of subsequent semantics-tweaking.