Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows

From: James
Subject: Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 14:12:13 +0100

Hello,

On 21 April 2013 13:18, Eluze <address@hidden> wrote:
James wrote
> Hello,
>

> On 21 April 2013 11:56, Eluze &lt;

> eluzew@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> James wrote
>> >
>> > Am I supposed to run this bat file pre-edited or with an argument or
>> > something?
>>
>> hi James
>>
>> 2nd
>>
>> regQuery.bat myFile.ly
>> or
>> regQuery.bat "D:\data\…\myfile.ly"
>>

> C:\Users\jlowe\Desktop>regQuery.bat Dak.ly
> myExt=.ly

did you make sure .ly is registered in "Standard programs"!?

I'm not sure what you mean here.

For instance in Windows there is

Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations

or

Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Default Programs

The first one actually has *.ly files associated with Frescobaldi (I'd forgotten I had it installed!) so I assume that Frescobaldi does that file association for you when you install it.

The second one does not have either Frescobaldi or LilyPond in the list. I don't know if that matters if you just use 'Set Associations'.

So if I 'Set Associations' with *.ly files to use another program again LilyPond is not in the list, but I can browse to the exe directly; and if I do _that_ and then run the bat file I get:

--snip--

C:\Users\jlowe\Desktop>regQuery.bat Dak.ly
myApplicationCaller="C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond.exe"
myEditor=lilypond.exe
myExt=.ly

--snip--

So does it matter (to you) that when a user installs LilyPond there are no (I think - maybe Phil can correct me he uses LilyPond on Windows too) file associations set - certainly no 'default programs'.

or was I supposed to point the file associations at something else (lilypad.exe or lilypond-windows.exe etc.)?

HTH

James