Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows

From: ArnoldTheresius
Subject: Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 23:52:43 -0700 (PDT)

Phil Holmes-2 wrote

Thank you Phil Holmes,

this time scheule sounds good to me.
I'll have some time off from this development and expect to continue working
on this issue on 2013-05-05.

And regarding the 'start in background or not' question for the different
editors, I got another, more simple idea:
- create a textfile named 'editor-launch-test.scm'.
- just enter the command line execution to start the editor with the 'goto',
option, e.g.
  /(system "lilypad +3:1 testfile.ly")/
or
  /(system "jedit -reuseview testfile.ly +line:3")/
- the execute it in the windows command line. Due to the lilypond
installation you should just enter the filename »editor-launch-test.scm« in
the command line and it will be interpreted by guile.
-- then check when the command prompt in this 'dos shell' comes back -
immediately after the editor started, or only after the editor terminated.
So I ask you, if you have allready installed one of these editors on your
windows computer you also installed lilypond (and no one other has allready
checked this editor), then try to execute this check and let us know the
result.
I have gvim installed and therfore allready tested (and lilypad too, of
course).

ArnoldTheresius