Re: Avoids direction checking for cross-staff side-support-elements (iss

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Avoids direction checking for cross-staff side-support-elements (issue 8557044)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 22:06:27 +0000

lgtm

Somewhere I'll have to write down the definition
"cross-staff": true for a grob whose placement or size could depend on
the spacing of staves on the page.

https://codereview.appspot.com/8557044/diff/6001/lily/side-position-interface.cc
File lily/side-position-interface.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/8557044/diff/6001/lily/side-position-interface.cc#newcode160
lily/side-position-interface.cc:160: // we avoid the circular dependency
by returning true
/* If 'me' is placed relative to any cross-staff element with a
'direction callback defined, the placement of 'me' is likely to depend
on staff-spacing, thus 'me' should be considered 'cross-staff' */

https://codereview.appspot.com/8557044/diff/6001/lily/side-position-interface.cc#newcode169
lily/side-position-interface.cc:169: // as cross-staff. otherwise we do.
if you do not use the vaguest possible words 'element' (for the variable
'me') and 'grob' (for 'elts[i]') and refrain from using 'aligning' to
mean 'aligned' then we might not find this comment impossible to
understand.  otherwise we do.

https://codereview.appspot.com/8557044/