Re: Avoids direction checking for cross-staff side-support-elements (iss

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Avoids direction checking for cross-staff side-support-elements (issue 8557044)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 07:47:29 +0300

On 24 avr. 2013, at 01:06, address@hidden wrote:

> lgtm
>
> Somewhere I'll have to write down the definition
> "cross-staff": true for a grob whose placement or size could depend on
> the spacing of staves on the page.

It's not quite that.  In the definition above, a treble clef on the 5th staff
of a system is cross-staff because its placement depends on what is contained
in the systems above.  What will not change is its placement with respect to
its staff.  I like "Any grob that is not the element of a vertical axis group
or whose relative extent with respect to the vertical axis group of which it is
an element changes as a result of how far apart two or more vertical axis
groups are." This opens up the definition to all vertical axis groups (i.e.
Dynamics, ChordNames). But it is obviously too technical for a docstring.

Cheers,
MS