Re: `opus' header field at surprising position

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: `opus' header field at surprising position
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 08:39:42 +0200

2013/9/19 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:
> I would expect that `opus' appears vertically before `top1'.
>
> Is this a bug?  Otherwise, I suggest to change the code so that the
> header block really stays together.

I suppose that this is a consequence of having _two_ header blocks -
one for \book and one for \score.  "opus" is by default placed in
\score header (afaik).  So, in this case it's:
1) \book header (title, composer)
2) top-level markups
3) \score header (opus)

Now imagine a situation like this: you have a "book" with several
opera.  You place the title in the top-level header (\book header),
then you want some introductory text, then the first opus with its own
small header.  If we do what you suggest, it would be hard to do this,
because introductory text would appear below opus header - not what we
want.

Nevertheless, i agree that the behavior *is* confusing.

What i would consider to be correct is to have two header blocks, but
don't allow any fields move from one to th other.  In other words,
writing this:

  \header {
    title = "title"
    opus = "opus"
  }

  \markup { top1 }

  \score { c''1 }

would result in what you propose ("opus" being placed in \book header,
together with title), while

  \header {
    title = "title"
  }