Re: `opus' header field at surprising position

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: `opus' header field at surprising position
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 01:59:21 +0200

2013/9/19 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:
>> I'm now even more convinced that this is a bug.
>
> It very much looks like "working as designed".

Well, i suppose Werner meant "this is a bug in the design".

> Poking exceptions into
> it will only make things more confusing: at least now there is a
> coherent simple and understandable explanation for the behavior.

you call this simple?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

> So it's not as much a bug than a challenge: can one come up with a
> coherent design that better meets naive expectations?

????????????
Haven't we already provided an alternative design?
Anyway, here it is again:

    every header field will be displayed in the title area it where it
was specified.

For example, "opus" field set in \score's \header will be displayed in
Score title markup, while "opus" field set in \book's \header will be
displayed in Book title markup.

If you don't consider this simple, coherent and meeting naive
expectations, i can gladly prove that.

Janek