Re: improving our contributing tools and workflow

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: improving our contributing tools and workflow
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:50:32 +0200

On 26/09/13 11:48, Janek Warchoł wrote:
David is going to talk with Savannah people - that's great!
Other things that are worth looking at are:
- gitorious
- gerrit
- something else i've forgotten?

GitLab: http://gitlab.org/

Looks more feature-complete and user-friendly than Gitorious (it's got issue tracking as well as code hosting built in). You can use a hosted version (gitlab.com) or host your own version. It's MIT-licensed.

They do a Red Hat-y kind of thing where they have an Enterprise Edition as well as Community Edition, but so far as I can tell from this summary, it's still MIT-licensed:
http://www.gitlab.com/features/

... so there shouldn't be any GNU/FSF-related political objections here.