Re: Images on "Introduction" and "Features"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Images on "Introduction" and "Features"
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 21:57:25 +0800

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 02:49:35PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:

> The images in the first text boxes on "Introduction" and "Features"
> are the same. Is there any specific reason for this?

nah, I was just copying material from the old website to the new
website.  It makes sense to use different images.

> IMHO the 'flat-design.png' is much more suitable for "Features". On
> "Introduction" we're talking about "freeing from the details of
> layout", and it's somewhat contradictory to display an image beside
> that which *is* about tiny details.

I slightly disagree there; showing that we have a mathematical
representation of the tiny details *does* mean that humans are
freed from dealing with it (since computers can do it).  But I
agree that might not be an obvious conclusion for non-programmers,
so I have no objection to using a different image there.