Re: 3.0?

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: 3.0?
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 20:43:11 -0800 (PST)

dak wrote
> Joseph Rushton Wakeling <

> joseph.wakeling@

> > writes:
>
>> On 09/01/14 12:20, David Kastrup wrote:
>>> Another problem is that LilyPond has a usage philosophy and workflow
>>> that strongly penalizes manual tweaks.  Graphically/manually oriented
>>> workflows detract from the importance of getting good default
>>> typesetting.
>>
>> I'm not sure that's necessarily the case.  Making it easy to
>> experiment with manual tweaks could be a very good way of working out
>> how things need to be engraved, and thus provide guidance for better
>> automated typesetting.
>
> That must be the reason why the typical Word document features the
> consistent use of document styles for arriving at typographically
> superior results.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

I honestly have never seen ONE Word document make use of styles. I'm not
kidding. In all the docs I've come across in all areas, people never use
them. Seriously! :)

Now, LibreOffice Writer on the other hand...

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond