Notation programs usage survey

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Notation programs usage survey
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 10:23:22 +0200

Hi,

I just received a copy of a survey that Universal Edition did amongst a number of "European publishing houses". I'm not sure if that' a public document so I only sent it to a list of addressees, if you're interested in it write me a private message.

Not surprisingly this exclusively states Score, Finale and Sibelius.
Interestingly it also names a number of potentially daunting challenges in keeping them to work for a considerable time. And LilyPond (or text based tools in general) convincingly address exactly these issues.

I think I will write to the author of that survey (UE's head of IT department), but will wait with that until I may have a few more ideas and maybe some feedback.

Any ideas, comments?

Urs

--
Urs Liska