Re: GUB and mpfr/mpc

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: GUB and mpfr/mpc
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 00:12:22 -0500

On Dec 3, 2014, at 07:37 , Masamichi HOSODA <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

There is this at the end of skyline.cc:

      // Should add during ver2.19 (to avoid an endless loop
      // when  merging identical skylines with a vertical segment)
      // if (end >= s2->front().end_) s2->pop_front();

Also, the mention of optimization reminds me of one of the horrors of floating
point types: a value in a register can quietly be changed when it is written to
memory.  Take a look at some of the “myths” in section 1 of
https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00128124/en/ .

Do the skylines need to deal with the wide range of values that “double"
allows?  If not, replacing the Real class with a fixed-point math class would
make the code a lot less scaring.
—
Dan