Re: Reduce size of *TeX generated pdfs with lilypond snippets

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Reduce size of *TeX generated pdfs with lilypond snippets
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 22:10:15 -0800

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 21:10:59 -0800, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

 https://codereview.appspot.com/191360043/
Unfortunately, this doesn't correctly include the new file
`encodingdefs.ps' – it is tagged as a `binary'...

Oops, forgot to change the settings.
There is no existing file to compare to, so the 'download' link gives you as
much as the comparison would.

My first impression that we do not want this patch,

Can you explain why?  As Knut writes, he wants it encapsulated with a
command line option so that it has be to explicitly activated.  It
should be thus straightforward to remove the related code as soon as a
better solution becomes available.

It was only a first impression.
I thought that the effort to implement and at least minimally document the
command-line option would be greater than the value to the users of TeX +
LilyPond + pdfsizeopt (excluding Knut, who can already already use his patch).

If you find it straightforward to encapsulate the code, then we can probably
incorporate it.