Re: Reduce size of *TeX generated pdfs with lilypond snippets

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Reduce size of *TeX generated pdfs with lilypond snippets
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 09:15:21 +0100 (CET)

> I thought that the effort to implement and at least minimally
> document the command-line option would be greater than the value to
> the users of TeX + LilyPond + pdfsizeopt (excluding Knut, who can
> already already use his patch).

Well, his test shows

 19.979.555 original 2.18.2 notation.pdf + ghostscript + pdfsizeopt (1736 fonts)
  4.307.825 patched 2.18.2 notation.pdf + ghostscript + pdfsizeopt (69 fonts)

which is an impressive argument for adding the patch IMHO.

> If you find it straightforward to encapsulate the code, then we can
> probably incorporate it.

Knut, are you willing to work on that, this is, adding a command line
argument and properly documenting it?

    Werner