Re: Add French-specific note names (issue 239930043 byv.villenave <at> g

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Add French-specific note names (issue 239930043 byv.villenave <at> gmail.com)
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 02:44:35 +0000 (UTC)

Trevor Daniels <t.daniels <at> treda.co.uk> writes:

> >> BTW dear lilylist: where do you have the 'ñ' on your keyboards?
> >
> We don't have it anywhere on the English keyboard.

You might have more than you think, or can easily get more.
The US-International layout has the accented characters of English,
in the same places, plus more; the right-bottom row with right-Alt gives
 ñ µ ç . ¿
The layout is the same under Windows and Linux, at least.

Modern text editors will save the result as unicode.
We do have the problem in the US that Alt-Gr is often set as a second Alt.
At work I have sent some partial emails because I had not enabled the
Alt-Gr key, and the keys that should give me ß gave instead Alt-s => Send.