Re: Doc: avoid implicit \relative; issue 4371 (issue 237340043 by addres

From: dak
Subject: Re: Doc: avoid implicit \relative; issue 4371 (issue 237340043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 11:24:30 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/237340043/diff/110001/Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely
File Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/237340043/diff/110001/Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely#newcode330
Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely:330: b c }
On 2015/06/22 11:04:44, Trevor Daniels wrote:
The LilyPond style, I believe, is to place the terminating } in line
with the
corresponding \ of \relative.  Are you proposing we change this?

This is pretty much my objection here as well.  When \relative is a line
starter, it's very much
\relative {
}
that we want to see.  That's consistent with the indentation stlyes of
many programming languages.  Scheme is not even an exception here since
Scheme may start off with (((sth and so finishing with sth))) is at
least symmetric.

Yes, there will be an additional cost in additional pages.  This cost
has to factor in our decision whether to become more explicit: I don't
think that we want to have this change in presented indentation style.

https://codereview.appspot.com/237340043/