Re: Clear fret-diagram- and harp-pedal-input-strings from whitespace (is

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Clear fret-diagram- and harp-pedal-input-strings from whitespace (issue 257580043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 19:14:46 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/257580043/diff/1/scm/lily-library.scm

https://codereview.appspot.com/257580043/diff/1/scm/lily-library.scm#newcode793
> > scm/lily-library.scm:793: char-set:whitespace))
> > A mostly theoretic musing: in the predicates documented in NR, we
have
> > `char-whitespace?' listed in "R5RS secondary predicates".
> >
> > I don't know how it's implemented, but if people compare results,
> > char-whitespace? might be the expected point of reference and it's
not like
> this
> > is performance-critical.
> >
> > Using that would mean one less function in our codebase for the
same
> > functionality.
> >
> > I just thought I'd mention it: it's by no means a necessary change
or even a
> > showstopper.
>
> Well, I could use `char-whitespace?' to write a different
definition. Ofcourse
> new definition would still be there.
> I've the feeling I don't really understand your proposal...

The proposal is replacing char-set:whitespace with char-whitespace?
which is
already being used in LilyPond and advertised to the user.  Just a
single-identifier change.

Hope I've got it. Thanks.

PATCH-NEW

https://codereview.appspot.com/257580043/