Re: git-cl problem

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: git-cl problem
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 08:37:32 +0200

Il giorno ven 27 mag 2016 alle 1:59, John Gourlay <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I believe my git-cl problem was due to an incorrect setting in my Google Account Settings. I was not allowing access by “less secure” apps as described in Contributor’s Guide, section 2.3. I wonder if the CG should be revised, because it implies that “allowed” is the default, but in my case the default appears to have been “not allowed”.

I think that you are right when you say that by default it's disabled:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en
On the other hand, my google account has the "less secure app option" disabled and git-cl works fine. Perhaps git-cl is no more a less secure app? Maybe this commit made it a secure app for Google?

commit dd35053b34789ec22b5e1ec40c8349a943701a5c
Author: Phil Holmes <...>
Date:   Mon Nov 2 15:37:02 2015 +0000

   Add support for oauth2