Re: Issue 4936: look up "mf" for default initial volume (issue 308890043

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Issue 4936: look up "mf" for default initial volume (issue 308890043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 05:04:02 -0700

On 2016/08/10 23:05:23, c_sorensen wrote:

When writing congregational hymns, dynamics are very seldom included.

But I may wish to generate practice midi from my engraving (I
regularly do
it).  It would be nice to be able to define my own default midi volume
that
would apply.

This is a frequent use case for me too.  I've always handled it by
removing the dynamic engraver.  Then I specify dynamics anywhere I
please without having them appear in the printed score.

https://codereview.appspot.com/308890043/