Re: Issue 4936: look up "mf" for default initial volume (issue 308890043

From: ht . lilypond . development
Subject: Re: Issue 4936: look up "mf" for default initial volume (issue 308890043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2016 04:15:35 -0700

https://codereview.appspot.com/308890043/diff/1/lily/dynamic-performer.cc
File lily/dynamic-performer.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/308890043/diff/1/lily/dynamic-performer.cc#newcode412
lily/dynamic-performer.cc:412: volume = equalize_volume
(Audio_span_dynamic::DEFAULT_VOLUME);
On 2016/08/04 23:07:59, Dan Eble wrote:
"volume" is passed as a parameter to two functions between the "first
time"
block and here.

Do you mean the 'finish_queued_spans' function?  Isn't it the case that
'this->depart_queue_.spans_' is empty when 'this->process_music' gets
called the first time, so 'finish_queued_spans' would report a
programming error if it actually got called (so volume must still be -1
when reaching line 411 in this case)?  (Even if I'm wrong with this
reasoning, I think the question of whether the default volume lookup at
lines 388-389 and 412 should always work the same way, and if not, why,
remains valid.)

https://codereview.appspot.com/308890043/