Re: PATCHES - Countdown for December 24th

From: James
Subject: Re: PATCHES - Countdown for December 24th
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 09:12:56 +0000

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 22:49:12 +0100
Alexander Kobel <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2016-12-25 19:48, Urs Liska wrote:
> > Am 25.12.2016 um 14:22 schrieb Alexander Kobel:
> >> Hi all,

> >> Does this require any action from my side? I doubt that I have
> >> write access to the repo...
> >
> > You could just try out ..
>
> Well, sure; let me rephrase that "question". ;-)
>
> [...] Bogus stuff about my anonymously made clone, not knowing how to
> authenticate if my recently made Allura account comes with push
> rights, etc... [...]
>
> Whoops, found it - CG 3.4.9. So no, I don't have a Savannah account,
> even less one that is granted any rights. No reason to change that;
> my activity will remain scarce.
>
> > But if you don't have push access the "action" required by you is
> > basically stating that and asking for someone to push your patch.
> > Which I would do if I could reliably say I'll manage to do so
> > before I will have forgotten about the task.
> >
> > So I have to pass the task on to someone else.
>
> No worries - I sent it to Harm.

Well the worst case is you attach the patch to the tracker or make an
approrpiate comment in Rietveld and I (Patch Meister) will see it on
the next Patch countdown and push it for you.

Of course it is always possible that during those 3 or 4 days between
countdowns may mean that the patch needs re-basing - in which case I
just send an email directly to the developer, but that is quite rare.

Regards and Merry Christmas.

James